Client Protection assessment is a diagnostic tool for microfinance institutions to thoroughly examine their implementation of the Client Protection Principles.
The assessment takes your institution through a process of internal review to identify strengths, weaknesses, and ultimately opportunities to enhance its client protection practices.
Inclusion [Social Ratings] can support your organization to conduct either an Accompanied Self-Assessment or a Smart Assessment (Client Protection Assessment).
For organizations that require some guidance and if external validation is desired.
A Smart Assessment provides an exhaustive, independent view of a financial institution’s client protection practices. If your organizations is capable of providing more internal resources, you can work with a specially trained Smart Campaign accredited CPP assessor. More than one assessor will be appointed and they will conduct an in-depth analysis and produce a full narrative report.
Client Protection Principles
- Appropriate product design and delivery
- Prevention of over-indebtedness
- Responsible pricing
- Fair and respectful treatment of clients, staff ethics, and non-discrimination
- Privacy of client data
- Mechanisms for complaints resolution
Why do a Client Protection Assessment?
- Understand how well your organization protects its clients
- Demonstrate your organization's good practices to investors and donors with a client protection standard
- Give confidence to investors and potential donors
- Prepare your organization for a Smart Certificate
- To distinguish your organization in the market as a pro-client organization